Friday, October 23, 2009

This and That and Dr. Cutrer's Sex Talk Too

So, it has been more than a week since I posted last. I didn't mean to be gone so long but this past week has been a hectic one. Busy, busy, busy! My weekend was kinda - ok, TOTALLY - ruined by my period. Joshua really doesn't understand what a tremendous sacrifice getting off birth control is. I went from 1 period a year to having one every three weeks. And he just doesn't understand why I am so pale and tired, in so much pain and unable to do much. I always want to say: "Well, let's take a few pints of your blood, give you some good, gut-wrenching cramps, lower back pain and migraines and see how much you feel like doing, honey." But I don't. Because I'm sweet.

By Monday things were much better. We had our Marriage Enrichment class with Dr. Cutrer. The class had finally reached the section Joshua has been waiting for (panting for) all semester: Physical Intimacy, or, as I like to call it, the Sex Talk. It was pretty interesting. I do not think Joshua got all the information he was hoping he would get but Dr. Cutrer handed out note cards to everyone and asked that we all write down - anonymously - any questions we have. Next Monday he will read these questions and answer them. Needless to say, Joshua was in a very... ahem... loving mood when we got home that night. Thank you, Dr. Cutrer!

Aside from the fact that I was a little under the weather the past few days, it has been pretty routine. Except for one thing: I have decided to take a knitting class! I am very excited about it. I am an avid crosstitcher and have always wanted to learn how to knit (I did, in fact, teach myself how to do the basic knit and purl several years ago but couldn't get beyond that so I had about 20 feet of... well, yarn that was knitted and purled). I am leaving in a few minutes to go OFFICIALLY sign up for the knitting class and get the materials I will need. The class will start in a week and a half and our first project will be to make a hat. I will have to keep you updated on my progress. I'm sure it will be amazing! And Bentley, my boxer, is sure to be infinitely fascinated by the needles and the yarn. He is always very interested in everything I do - it is one of his most endearing qualities. I will have to knit him a new LSU sweater... BUT that's for later. I have to learn how to do all the basics first.

If you are a knitter and have any tips or hints for me I would love to hear them so please share! Or if you live in the Louisville area and have, like me, always wanted to learn how to knit, send me a message and I will give you the details on what I found out about knitting classes and groups in the Louisville area.



0 comments:

Post a Comment